Ok, I know this seems weird that I would write about my Sleep Number Bed on my IVF blog, but I have completely lost it with this disaster of a bed. We bought the "Cadillac of beds" which was installed in our house almost 3 weeks ago. Ever since we have had to sleep on our couches because of the toxic smell that comes from the bed. We have not slept on this bed at all. This while we are trying to get pregnant, eat healthy, take all the drugs, exercise and try not expose ourselves to any chemicals that would cause us to either not get pregnant or have another miscarriage. If you have been through IVF, you know what I am talking about! We called customer service several times and where told we could use dryer sheets (what a joke) or take apart the bed, take the parts outside and then roll up the parts like a "sleeping bag to release the air pockets". This after we paid more than $4,000 for a bed that we couldn't sleep on and we had to literally physically work to try and fix. What a joke. I plan to send the CEO a bill for the hours of time I have spent on this bed.
So how is this related to my IVF blog? Well, this morning I received my IVF#2 protocol which is different than the first cycle. I had many questions about the drugs and timing and got very nervous and anxious about it. Then my husband and I started talking about the disaster of a bed and how our life is turned upside down, the discussion got heated and I completely and utterly lost it and screamed at the top of my voice - "this is your bed and your problem to fix". I have never screamed so loud in my life and I am horrified, embarrassed and so very sorry that I got to this point. This is so not important or worth it in the scheme of our life. My husband called the company and they are coming to get the bed - of course we don't get the delivery fees of $160 back which is not how to treat a customer and why I will tell everyone I know how terrible The Sleep Number Bed company is. As Clark Howard says "customer no service."
This bed story is a good example of how you feel going through IVF after having a miscarriage. On a daily basis I am so close to the edge. I am up and down, happy and sad, confident and scared, anxious and calm - every emotion all at the same time and conflicting emotions all at the same time. So today I am going to do four things to try and "keep a lid on things" - 1) play my theme song, I Gotta A Feeling, 2) apologize to my husband (again) , 3) be thankful that my husband and I are on the same team (while our game playing styles may be different, we have the same goals and we love each other) and 4) focus on the end game - a happy loving life with us and our future child. I guess this is a $160 lesson I am willing to pay to keep my mind on what is important.
Thanks babe for hanging in here with me. I love you bunches.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment