After asking all my questions about the new IVF protocol, I THINK i understand the plan. Friday I started on birth control pills that I will take for 11 days. Tonight I started taking 1 glucophage pill with dinner. Thursday I start taking 1 Lupron shot each morning, next Monday I take 2 glucophage pills with dinner. On March 6 I start a 2nd shot of bravelle and menopur (which includes mixing 5 bravelle viles with menopur 1 vile and 1 vile of water) and I reduce the lupron shot to 5 units, versus the 10 units. Retrieval is estimated on March 16 to 19 with the transfer 3-5 days after that. After the retrieval starts a different set of drug protocols. Confused? Well if you have been through IVF, this probably doesn't sound too different. I am curious if anyone else has been through this protocol and what was your result.
My first IVF cycle was 25 days, this cycle will be 33 to 36 days - ugh! My first cycle I had 20 eggs! I felt like a tick that was ready to pop at any second! I am hoping a longer time with this cycle will mean a few less eggs that are a bit more mature.
After my major breakdown this morning, I listened to my theme song, apologized to my husband, worked out at the gym and decided to give myself a break. Over the past two months after finding out that we would lose our baby, I did a pretty good job of keeping hold of myself. I was extremely sad and lonely, I cried A LOT, but I didn't take it out on anyone. My husband and I were a team dealing with the pain together. I guess I am glad to know that when the chips are really down, when the pain seems insurmountable, that we are able to stick together and support each other. He has been amazing. The best decision I ever made was to marry him. Thank goodness I was smart enough to do that. Losing it over a stupid bed is comical, or at least it will be in a few days.
Monday, February 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment